Mobile motorhome & caravan engineer Herts
Are you planning to buy a Caravan, Motorhome, Campervan or Panel Van Conversion?
If you are, it’s worth having it checked over before you buy; the low cost of a pre-purchase inspection now could save you a vast amount of money in the future, especially if an existing problem is found.
Why spend thousands of pounds on something that you don't know the condition of?
Always get the permission of the seller before booking any pre-purchase inspection.
Choose either of the two inspections detailed below: 'Tow Safe', for Caravans or 'Comprehensive', for Caravans, Panel Van Conversions, Campervans & Motorhomes.
Occasionally a seller may help a buyer by paying part of the cost of a pre-purchase inspection, so it’s worth asking them.
'Tow Safe' Inspection:
A basic inspection of road worthiness aimed at establishing if the caravan can be towed safely.
The following areas will be inspected with a detailed report given to you:
* Condition and security of body panels
* Condition & operation of door locks,
catches, windows & stays
* Coupling head & hitchlock wear
* Emergency braking system
(breakaway cable & clip)
* Overrun device operation
* Handbrake operation
* Jockey Wheel condition & security
* Age, condition & safety of tyres
* Condition of wheels
* Wheels freely rotate & note if bearings
are noisy, which indicates they're worn.
* Wheel bolt torque settings
* Condition & operation of road lights &
reflectors (12n system)
For Caravans, Motorhomes, Campervans & Panel Van Conversions.
(For Caravans, the Safe Tow inspection will also be included).
* Tightness, lock up & let-by tests
* Regulator date & performance
* Condition & date of flexible hose
* Condition & security of all pipework
* Security of gas cylinders
* Obstructions of cylinder locker dispersal holes
* Consumer Unit test at RCD electrical
safety trip switch
* Earth Bonding Continuity
* Condition of wiring, sockets &
* Operation and ampere of all appliances
(continued above 12v opposite right):
* Leisure battery condition & containment
* Operation of interior & awning lighting
* Check charging circuit
* Check 12v functionality & fridge
Water Ingress interior body shell & floor:
*Damp test detailing all readings
* Check floor for delamination
* Issue full damp inspection report
Inspection reports relate to the condition of the 'van at the time inspection.
The engine, drive gear, chassis, Wheels and Tyres of a Motorhome, Panel Van Conversion and Campervan are not checked because these are normally done by a vehicle mechanic/technician.
A pre-purchase inspection is not a valuation or recommendation to purchase. Guarantee or warranty is not offered because it may often be given by the seller, especially if they’re a dealer.